Animals in Playa del Coco
Aug 07, 2015, Erik
Here in Playa del Coco, we've seen a few more animals than in the capital.
- Black vultures soaring above the beach, or hopping around in groups near some dead animal that floated ashore.
- Howler monkeys relaxing in the trees, seeking shelter from the morning heat.
- Variegated squirrels eating coconuts twice their own size.
- Hummingbirds drinking nectar from the flowers next to the beach road (impossible to take a picture, sorry).
- Semi-independent cats and dogs laying in the shade, keeping an eye on us and all the other animals.